Thursday, August 07, 2008

More Germany Photos...Because You Asked For Them

This is the castle in Ludwigsburg. It was built to look like the palace at Versailles. We learned in Germany that a lot of castles were built to look like the palace at Versailles. Evidently, it's the coolest palace ever.


This is me and Ethan going down the stairs in the Ulmer Munster. It was a little dizzy-making to walk in that tight spiral for so long. I couldn't help but think of the centuries worth of germs I was picking up by holding on to that center post. Ugh.


This is the entire American family in Germany. Here we are in front of the oldest house in Ulm - dating from somewhere in the 1400s, I think.


Here's me and Kelly on the other side of the Danube River with the Ulmer Munster sticking up behind us.


These bears were all over Ulm. Except I don't think they were bears. Large jungle cats of some kind, maybe? I don't remember. Pumas? I just thought they looked like oddly posed, skinny bears. They're part of a city project that raises money for the Munster.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm realizing more and more that actual age is relative.