Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Just call me Doc.

Sandra told me about a marathon in Boise and so I told K about it. K is up to the challenge. He's going to start off with running a half marathon this first time to see how he likes it and then will perhaps work his way toward a full marathon. The first event is the City of Trees Marathon and Half Marathon on November 5. To make sure K is prepared for the event, I have taken on the role of his personal trainer. I created a training schedule based on research I have conducted on line through a multitude of marathon training websites that should increase his stamina and endurance enough in the following eight weeks for him to sustain a decent time during the event. We have no goals just yet since yesterday was technically the first day of training, but will evolve them soon. This is exciting for both of us: he likes to push his body and I like to stretch my brain. We both get something out of marathon training! I'll be working out with him and running with him, of course, but I'm undecided about attempting the race. I may sit this one out as the cheerleader and try the next one. I'm much more comfortable with that process rather than just jumping in.

Since I've taken on the Yoda role in this process, K has made a joke of calling me Doc, from the old Nintendo boxing video game Punch Out.



I think there's a direct resemblance, don't you?

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm realizing more and more that actual age is relative.