Wednesday, September 06, 2006

25

K took me to Portland for the weekend; he surprised me with the trip for my birthday. On Friday evening we hung out with his parents and went to the best Mexican restaurant in the universe. Saturday was his family's annual men's golf tournament, so he participated in that and ended up in a tie for third - which is great considering he's only golfed four times since we met. Sunday morning he woke me up a little before five and drove me out to the middle of nowhere. It was worth it. We went on a hot air balloon ride over the area.



We were up in the air for about an hour. After that his parents met us for a tour of eight wineries in the Wilamette valley.



Then he and I went to an old historic hotel for the night. First we took a nap but when we woke up we toured the hotel learning about its history chronicled in the art pieces that cover the place. Monday was his parents' annual Labor Day BBQ so we hung out with the family and visited. And then we're back this morning. It was a very full weekend, but it was tremendous fun. Thanks to everyone who remembered me on my 25th birthday with phone calls and text messages - Bethany (always the first one), Tera, Rheanon, Mom et al., and Patri. Special thanks to K's family for the celebration and to Kathy for remembering me all the way from her Chicago vacation. But the biggest thanks ever goes to K, the amazing planner of surprises.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm realizing more and more that actual age is relative.