Thursday, March 02, 2006

Gross!

This morning after yoga I went to the bathroom to change into my non-yoga clothes. I could hear another woman in the bathroom with me. She finished her business, flushed the toilet, and exited the stall. Then I heard her walk to the sink and run her hands under the water for approximately two seconds before leaving the bathroom. At that moment I knew - I knew - that in order to get out of the bathroom I would have to touch the now-wet door handle covered in her dirty, sticky wet germs.

Who did not teach people these days to wash their hands? Was that a mishap of the 80s when people didn't know about things - or at least didn't want to admit to things - like AIDS and fashion sense? How did it become OK to run your hands under cold water for less time than it takes W to smirk about public health care and count that as "washing"? If you're using soap - as the age-old mother educt dictates you should after using the bathroom and before eating a meal - it should take at the bare minimun ten seconds to rinse, lather, and rinse again, thus killing the germs on your hands instead of moisturizing them in preparation to leave an imprint of them on the bathroom doorknob.

One more thing to all those drunk people who visit Pita Pit: Stop tearing the bathroom up. Property damage is not cool; it's rude. When you rip the sink off the wall and cut the piping to the toilet, I can't wash my hands before enjoying a nice, delicious pita. You're a jerk.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm realizing more and more that actual age is relative.