Thursday, August 26, 2004

Krispy Kremes And Grits

I remember when the local Krispy Kremes doughnut shop opened in Meridian. There were people standing in a line out to the street that wrapped around the building nearly the entire first week. I am not joking. It was disgusting.

That would never be the case here. Do you want to know why? Because they have little Krispy Kremes displays in every grocery store here. This way, no one feels as though they are not being allowed their lifetime allotment of the famous pastry. Novel concept. Truly.

And the other day I was at the store walking on the aisle with the instant oatmeal and right there at eye level was a box of instant grits. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, you can tell you're officially in the south when they sell instant grits.

Incidentally, I commented on the fact (merely because you don't find that ever in Idaho) and I do believe that I offended the lady next to me in some manner, quite unbeknownst to myself. To her, I do apologize.

And to be completely off topic...I am preparing to use a word that I rarely use in the context of another human. So be ready, all you faint of heart readers. I hate Brian. I think he is an arrogant, self-serving individual who is evil, conniving and manipulative. He is a miserable man who really needs to wake up and realize that he is unnecessarily injuring people, namely his incredible three-year-old son. I hope he reads this and gets pissed off because if he does, he knows that it is the truth. And for all you out there who don't hate anyone yet but have always wanted to, get in line for I will sell you a one way ticket super cheap.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm realizing more and more that actual age is relative.