Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Teacher Compliments

Today marks the last day of my first year of teaching. I thought that, on this occasion, I would relay the two best compliments I received all year from students.

The first was a couple of months ago. I was in the classroom after school one day with a couple of girls who were writing silly things on my board. Then they left and I left and I just figured I'd erase my board when I got there the next morning. The next morning was when I finally paid attention to what they put on my board. The entire space was full of things like "Ms. Hagans rocks" and "I [heart] Ms. Hagans," but right there in the middle was a note that said "Ms. Hagans is a teacher who actually teaches things." It meant so much that I teared up and took a picture with my phone.

And the second was yesterday in a thank you card I received from a student. In her card, among other things, she said, "Your classroom is a place where I feel like I can speak my mind, be myself and have fun." And that, my friends, is one of my biggest goals in teaching - and she said it without me even telling her that that's what I was shooting for this entire time!

So, congrats to me on a job well done. You know, I sort of like this teaching thing. I think I'll give it another try next year. ;-)

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm realizing more and more that actual age is relative.