Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Coolest Student Question Ever

The other day in my newspaper class, I was explaining the requirements for their feature articles when M raises his hand. I call on M.

M: I just have a question to make sure I like understand.

Me: OK.

M: So, should we, like, when we write this, should we be using, like, sentences for this? [BTW: He's serious.]

Me: Yes, when you write your feature article, you should definitely use sentences.


Evidently, that wasn't what he meant, but he only realized that after his buddy made a sarcastic remark about what else he might use to write his article. M tried to explain/redeem himself, but gave up the effort before the rest of the class (myself included) believed him that he actually meant to pose a different question.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm realizing more and more that actual age is relative.